Scabies is a common and constant skin condition that causes severe itching. It is caused by the human itch bug, Sarcoptes scabiei, which burrows under the skin. Scabies is effortlessly caught through skin-to-skin contact with infected people and can spread quickly in crowded conditions.
The itching is caused by your body’s allergic reaction to the bug, their waste, and the eggs they lay under your skin. Little red bumps and blisters will form on the skin over every bug and turn irritated and itchy as a result of this reaction.
How would you dispose of scabies?
To dispose of the bugs and avert getting scabies once more, you need to do more than treat the skin or take a pill. You should wash garments, bedding, and towels to set out of bugs that may have tumbled off your skin. Also, you should vacuum your whole home.
Permethrin cream 1% (otherwise called Nix) is another over-the-counter product, which kills the scabies bugs and will need repeat treatment in 9 to 10 days. Permathrin cream is a physician recommended solution that is affirmed for head lice or scabies and can execute a few eggs.
Can we cure scabies?
The rash and itching of scabies can hold on for a while for a month after treatment, regardless of the possibility that the treatment was effective and every one of the bugs and eggs have been killed. Your health care may endorse extra solution or scabiescream to ease itching if it is serious.
How to apply the Scabiescream
Treatment should be applied to cool, dry skin and not after a hot bath (applying after a hot bath increases absorption into the body and removes the drug from the treatment site).
It is important that all individuals from your family, and any nearby contacts, including all your sexual partners in the last 6 weeks. Also, if you have had scabies some time before, or any of your sexual partner you get in touch within 48 hours; they need to be treated at the same time even if they don’t have any symptom. If they are left untreated, then infection or re-infection could occur.
Here’s how to apply the scabiescream in order to cure yourself faster and effectively;
- The treatment ought to be applied to cool, dry skin and not after a hot shower
- Apply it to the entire body from neck and ears to toe, giving careful consideration to the areas between the fingers and toes and under the nails and areas where there are skin folds. Treatment can be rubbed under finger nails and toenails using an old toothbrush.
- Individuals with a weak immune system, the very young and elderly individuals should apply the treatment to the whole body including the face and scalp.
- Permethrin should be left on for 8 to 12 hours.
- Malathion should be left on for 24 hours.
- If you wash any part of your body during this time like, washing your hands, you should reapply the treatment.
Follow-up treatment after every week is advised to ensure that the treatment is successful. This is to guarantee that any bugs that have hatched from existing eggs will be slaughtered by the second application.